- Try R: Online course (sponsored by O'Rielly
- Hadley Wickham – http://had.co.nz
- 10 R packages I wish I knew about earlier
Miju and Chirayu notes
mtcars: Built in sample dataset
- Matrix vs. Data Frame
data.frameis like a spreadsheet. Can hold multiple data types.
- matrix is homogenous.
- Show the help file for recast
- Most common plotting/graphing package.
- Docs: http://had.co.nz/ggplot2/
- R is case sensitive but will search for unique prefixes and use it instead.
- R has different symbol tables for functions vs. lvalues.
global_var <<- 10 # global assignment local_var <- 10 # local assignment dataframe$column_name <- something # Assign to column in dataframe install.packages("ggplot2") # The downloaded binary packages are in # /var/folders/00/0lf50000h01000cxqpysvccm002drm/T//RtmpzBHshI/downloaded_packages hist(mtcars$cars)